NYMAC 2023-24 Road Championships
The road championships now run from April to the end of the following March.
We have made a few changes for this year. The races listed here are the ROAD championship league, we will also be awarding prizes for the overall club champs which will include the Cross Country and the Fell championship leagues, this will be done by giving the top 20 runners in each league points 20 down to 1, and taking the sum of these, more details on this will follow later.
The road championships scoring will be as follows:
- Men’s and ladies’ champs will run separate.
- We will normally allocate 50 points for 1st NYMAC place or age grading win (ONLY where “AG” is stated), 49 for second, 48 for third and so on all the way down to 1, though everyone will get at least 1 point if they finish the race. There will be bonus points, see below.
- The five NMH organised races are age graded as normal. ( Three 5km and two 5 mile )
- New this year, we are allocating six races as club target races, this will give 10 bonus points for every runner and then double points for a PB, e.g. if you are the first NYMAC finisher and you get a PB, that’s 120 points! ( A PB for that distance of race will count , but runner must tell me about their PB. )
- For each runner, their best 12 of the 20 races will count to their overall road points score.
- You must be a current full member to score points and a club vest should be worn where possible.
- Races must be run entered under your own name. or officially transferred to your own name.
Please set the club to “North York Moors AC” when entering.
Note, Redcar half is not default double points this time but it is a target race, the 5K and 10K aren’t in the champs this time.
Cancelled races will get replaced with one of similar distance if possible, postponed races will count when they are rescheduled if it’s still before end of March 2024.
For a useful list of most of the local races, including ones not in the champs see Road Fixtures and Results 2023
Here is the table of races, identifying which are target races *T* and age graded AG.
Road Champs Races