We like to be a friendly club that’s not all just about running.
We use our members Facebook group “NYMAC Member” as our main method of communication about social events, if you’re a club member and wish to be in this group, let me or any committee member know.
Regular nights out and futures ideas include:
- A monthly night out in local drinking establishments (a.k.a. a pub crawl) – we try to vary the locations, e.g. Middlesbrough, Redcar, Guisborough, Stokesley, Stockton, Yarm.
- The annual curry night in December, usually in Jolsha, Marton.
- The annual Treasure Hunt, see Treasure Hunt Page
- The annual Tom Ellerton Uphill Mile challenge and pie & pea night, see Uphill Mile Page
- The AGM, after the business, we do the club’s awards and have a buffet.
- Various social runs with a drink afterwards throughout the year.
- Quiz and buffet in the Nunthorpe Squash Club.
- Summer BBQ at the Nunthorpe Squash Club.
- Escape Rooms
Sometimes we pop into the Nunthorpe Squash Club (also known as Nunthorpe and Marton Recreation Club) after a Thursday training session. Non-Members can be signed in, however there are limits around signing in guests, but If you’re going to attend this club on regular basis then a Social Membership for the Nunthorpe Club should be bought, these are £15 and let you have access to the bar on any night and weekend. Drinks are cheap as chips in there too.