NYMAC Road Championship 2020
The NYMAC road championship is ready for the new year.
The scoring system to help produce close competitions, is as follows: 50 points for 1st place or age grading win (ONLY where “AG” is stated), 49 for second, 48 for third and so on all the way down to 1, though everyone will get at least 1 point if they finish the race.
Men’s and ladies’ champs will run separate.
Anybody running under another runner’s name from only OUR club is allowed but I must be informed of this change within 14 days of the race date.
6 Park runs have been added throughout the year and I will take scores from Age grading(these don’t require the vest to be worn) however it does help advertise the club.
If at the end of the championship any scores are drawn, then i will base it on the number of races ran in the championship.
***Any (real) RACES not ran with a North York Moors AC vest on will not receive points from that race (with the exception of the Loftus Poultry Run) ***
Under normal circumstances, championship races and parkruns will not be changed once the date of the event is known, if a race is cancelled it will not be replaced
2020 is a unique year which we hope will never be repeated, hence these were not “normal circumstances”. We are putting some “virtual” races into our championships, these are internal club challenges, open only to club members, were we will run ( at our own risk ) our own time trial of the given distance, following current government guidelines, then we compile the results as if it were a race. We will try to replace a selection of cancelled races with virtual races until racing returns to normal. If a cancelled race is replaced by a “real” virtual race by the original organisers, like the Blaydon Race was, then we will use their race.
Virtual Race Rules
- You need to be a current member.
- Run your own route for the specified distance, at your own risk, so try to make it as safe as possible, avoiding road crossings and dangerous terrain where you can.
- Run as close to the required distance as you can, your time will be adjusted to the required distance.
- Follow the current COVID-19 Government Guidelines as to the size of group you are allowed to run in and the social distancing involved.
- Try to keep your descent to match your ascent, no total flat out descents.
- Use the total elapsed time from your watch, no pausing your watch for a rest and then restarting as if it were an interval training session.
- Submit Strava/Garmin/similar link or a photo of your watch time/distance to the event page on the NYMAC Member Facebook group when required.
- For virtual “parkrun routes”, try to run as near the actual parkrun route as possible, your actual elapsed time will be used and will not be adjusted up to 5k, as most parkruns measure less than 5k on the GPS. We allow both saturday and sunday to do these, as parks can be busy. Dont do the run at 9am on a saturday as per “freedom parkrun” guidlines.
- If real parkruns are back on by then, then these will be used again as normal.
- If Helmsley 10k or the Poultry Run are cancelled then these will be replaced by virtual races on the given weekend.
- No other cancelled races will be replaced.
- The best scores from a runners 14 races (real & virtual) will be taken, and added to the best 3 parkruns (real & virtual)
- If the number of possible races changes to less than 23 then the number of “best of” races count will be adjusted down but only if no runner has reached this number of races, so no one will be disadvantaged.
Current 2020 men’s standings link here
Current 2020 ladies standings link here
Here are the races that are eligible with the top 14 of 23 road results and top 3 of 5 (real and virtual) parkruns to count from the list below.
|Brass Monkey Half
|Snake Lane 10M
|NYMAC Easter Virtual 10k (AG)
|Run your own 10k Easter weekend
|NYMAC May Virtual 10k
|Run your own 10k Spring Bank Holiday weekend
|9/6/2020 - Official Virtual Race
|NYMAC June Virtual 10k (AG)
|NYMAC July Virtual 5k
|NYMAC July Virtual Run a Mile
|NYMAC July AG Virtual 5k (AG)
|NYMAC Aug Virtual 10k
|NYMAC Midweek Aug Virtual 5k (AG)
|NMH Autumn 3k Time Trial
|NYMAC Sept Virtual 10k
|Castleton Show Run (approx 6M)
|NYMAC Virtual Half Marathon
|NYMAC Virtual 10k (replaces Leeds)
|NYMAC Virtual 10 mile
|NYMAC Dec Virtual 10k
|NYMAC Virtual 8M
|NYMAC Virtual 5M - We will enter our fastest 4 gents and 4 ladies times in EA Virtual Road Relay
|26th Dec 2020 to 10th Jan 2021
|parkruns: All AG
More details to follow on the 2020 fixtures page