*Event now Closed*
Results will appear on the following link – NYMAC 2020 Virtual race results
NYMAC 4 x 1 mile virtual relays
(UKA Licence number 2020-40771)
Open to all. Run from Tuesday 4th of August 6pm until Tuesday 25th of August 6pm, please enter your team first, see below.
Teams of 4 – in the following categories:
Male open, Female open, Male 200 year, Female 160 year and a mixed team.
The ages of each runner in the 200 year male team must add up to a minimum of 200 years on your race day. The ages of each runner in the 160 female team must add up to a minimum 160 years on your race day. Mixed teams can be any combination of age and gender. Minimum age for all categories is 10 years old.
Please note; To help us with results, each team members run can be done whenever they choose between the date 4/8 – 25/8, but we request you send the whole teams times in together and in the same order that they have been entered.
Entry Fee is zero, Prizes are zero, fun factor lots! Entries at bottom of page
• Each leg to be a measured one mile (1.61k) that is indicated on your GPS watch.
• The course: The course wherever you like but please avoid road junctions and a totally downhill course.
• Change over: None! Your team can run individually, any time and at any location.
• The team captain should enter the team as if it was the real event stating the names, gender, ages of the runners where applicable and who runs which leg and the category you have entered. Also, your club name or team name.
• After you have entered you will be sent an email confirming your entry and given your team number.
• Timing: After all 4 members of your team have completed their leg, submit the times and the names of the runner that has achieved that time in the order that was put on the entry form. This order won’t be changed when the results are processed.
• Please add either a Link to Strava, Garmin connect, TomTom etc where applicable. If you are using a treadmill, please add a picture with the total time and distance displayed.
• Please tell us the exact ELAPSED time you ran the 1 mile in the results email. This is the total running time including pauses & stops etc. You can see this in Strava by changing the run to “race” or total elapsed time on your watch.
• The individual runner can only run for one team.
• Times to be in by 6pm 25th of August.
• We aim to have the results on our website from 8pm Thursday the 27th of August.
• Do a trial run of your course so as to ensure it is safe.
• Run early to avoid the public.
• Carry an ICE card and inform someone of your location and expected time of return.
• Do not run if you are feeling a little unwell.
• North York Moors AC has taken out a virtual race insurance with EA but please note that all runners run at their own risk.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ADHERE TO THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT CORONA VIRUS GUIDELINES.
Good luck and please keep safe.
To enter please download and complete both the entry form (as soon as possible) and the result’s form as these will need emailing into us;
To help with results please can you fill in this form and email it to us when your team has completed the race;
On this page here you will find some measured routes for your mile attempt;